Where many player reviews are digested into one
Dye Stainless Steel Paintball Barrel Review
The Dye Stainless Steel paintball barrel reviewed here comes in 10", 12", and 14" for most guns.
Summary: The Stainless Steel is very accurate, doesn't break paintballs, self cleaning, easy to clean, and quiet. Made from stainless steel, it is heavy but also very durable.
When you read a barrel's reviews, patterns can be seen. The following points have been compiled from various Dye reviews.
From 25 of 111 reviews:
• This Dye barrel is very accurate and has nice range.
• The Stainless Steel never breaks paintballs.
• This Dye barrel is very quiet.
• The Stainless Steel is self cleaning in 2 or 3 paintballs.
• Stainless steel is durable and reliable, the finish doesn't scratch, and it resists dings and warp.
• This Dye barrel is easy to clean and squeegee.
• $90 - 110 depending on gun.
• The Stainless Steel is heavy; it could unbalance your gun. For some it balanced their gun.
• This Dye barrel is not too gas efficient due to lots of ports.
• Stainless steel is smoother than aluminum, so there is less friction.
• Several players suggested RPS Marballizer paintballs for this gun.
• The shine of the Stainless Steel can give you away; wrap it with camo.
• Some players liked it better than the Dye Boomstick. On thought it is just as accurate, but doesn't break paintballs as much, and it is a lot easier to squeegee.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com