Where many player reviews are digested into one
Empire 4 Piece Barrel Kit Review
The Empire 4 Piece Barrel Kit is a 14" barrel with one front section, and 3 replaceable backs to match smaller, normal, and larger paint sizes. Comes in black. Fits Spyder, Autococker, Automag, Model 98, A-5, and Impulse thread patterns. All backs are 7".
Summary: This is a good barrel kit to replace your original stock barrel. It is quiet, accurate, lightweight, and shoots well. Uncertain self cleaning. It provides more versatility since the 3 backs match most types of paint.
When you read a barrel's reviews, patterns can be seen. The following points have been compiled from various Empire reviews.
From 20 reviews:
• The Empire barrel shoots well (with the appropriate paint)
• The 4 piece barrel is lightweight.
• This Empire has a good barrel to bore match.
• The barrel makes a good compromise, providing enough barrels to match smaller, normal, and larger paintball sizes without having to match every diameter such as the Freak.
• This 4 Piece has good accuracy and range.
• This barrel is quiet; the extensive porting reduces the shot noise to more of a drawn-out hiss.
• The Empire barrel has good quality construction, though several players reported visible flaws.
• $100, half the price of a Smart Parts Freak.
• Only comes with one 14" tip. One player wanted 10" for hard-bunker speedball, and 16" for airball.
• Several players reported ball breaks.
• This Empire 4 Piece comes in an excellent heavy duty nylon case with thick foam padding.
• Some of the first people to buy this kit had quality control problems, which have been fixed.
• The bore size is stamped on each back.
• One player thought the 4 Piece was the 2nd best upgrade for the Tippmann A5; the E-Grip was best for him.
• A lot of players thought it shoots through breaks pretty well, but some thought it didn't, so bring a squeegee.
• Some players liked this Empire better than the more expensive Freak, while others liked the Freak better.
• One player suggested you run some windshield wiper fluid through your barrel to make it shoot through breaks.
• Several players thought the Empire barrel was good looking.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com