Where many player reviews are digested into one
J&J Edge Barrel Kit Review
The J&J Edge barrel kit is available for Spyders, Impulse, Model 98, and WGP in 10", 12", and 14" lengths. Comes with three backs of .688, .691, and .693, each 5" long, and one front of your choice. While the manufacturers picture shows three backs, players state it now comes standard with four backs (add .685). Comes in red, blue, green, chrome, and black. The Edge has the same ceramic coating as the J&J Ceramic. The backs are aluminum, not stainless steel. Comes with a padded case.
Summary: One of the best barrel kits you can buy, it removes the hassle of matching field paint to your barrel. Very accurate, quiet, light, doesn't break paintballs, is self cleaning and easy to clean.
When you read a barrel's reviews, patterns can be seen. The following points have been compiled from various J&J reviews.
From 25 of 41 reviews:
• This J&J barrel is very accurate.
• The Edge is light weight.
• The J & J Edge doesn't break paintballs.
• The Edge is quiet.
• The J & J is self cleaning; it shoots through breaks pretty good, just like the J&J Ceramic. One player reported he no longer carries a squeegee.
• The Edge has no messy or fragile inserts to deal with or break (the Smart Parts Freak uses inserts).
• The J & J is very easy to clean because of the simple holes (unlike the Freak).
• Inexpensive: $70
• One player reported the J & J barrel kit comes with O-rings for the backs; four reported it didn't.
• The case is hard to open.
• With four backs, this kit covers all the major sizes you use.
• The Edge is very well made, the backs and front go together flawlessly.
• One player liked being able to use a 12" for playing front/mid, and 14" for playing back.
• There are better barrel kits out there, but for the price the J & J Edge can't be beat. You get most of the accuracy of the Smartparts Freak at half the price.
• Suggested paint: You can use almost anything on the Edge, but not everything.
• Several reported the back is hard to remove on a Cocker.
• Players liked the looks of this J&J barrel.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com