Where many player reviews are digested into one
Powerlyte Aluminum Paintball Barrel Review
The Powerlyte Aluminum paintball barrel uses side by side
porting to make every shot quiet, reduce ball spin, and stabilize the ball and
reduce turbulence. Each barrel is mirror honed using a multi-step honing process.The tips can be removed and changed. Available for Spyders, Autococker,
Impulse, Shocker, Model 98, A5, and B2K in 12", 14", and 16" lengths.
Aluminum is for those that want a light weight barrel.
When you read a barrel's reviews, patterns can be seen. The following points have been compiled from various Powerlyte reviews.
From 8 of 8 reviews:
• This Powerlyte barrel is very accurate and very consistent. One player thought the Smart Parts Freak was slightly better.
• The Aluminum is light weight.
• The Power Lyte barrel is very quiet (one player didn't notice an improvement over stock)
• The Power Lyte's self cleaning is great, easy to shoot through breaks. Cleans in about 3 - 6 balls.
• The Power Lyte Aluminum Doesn't break paintballs.
• The Aluminum has high quality workmanship.
• This Power Lyte doesn't come with an O-ring; just take one off of the stock barrel.
• The Aluminum barrel can scratch easily.
• One player experienced awesome Powerlyte customer service.
• One player stated that without a decent gun, bolt, and quality paint, even a good barrel would not perform well. The Powerlyte barrel is a killer at 100 feet.
• A player suggested coating the Aluminum with RainX. This will make it shoot faster, straighter, and clean out very easily.
• One player suggested you get the Powerlyte Stainless instead.
• Considering that the Aluminum has the same design as the Powerlyte Stainless, we should expect similar performance reviews. The Aluminum was well regarded, though the praise was not as gushing as the Stainless.
• Players liked the looks of the Aluminum.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com