Where many player reviews are digested into one
Diablo Mongoose Paintball Marker Review
The Diablo Mongoose electronic paintball marker has semi, multi, turbo, and full-auto firing modes, 1-20 shot adjustable burst modes, fore grip expansion chamber, 0-1200 PSI gauge, delrin bolt, and ported 12" barrel. The LCD screen provides game timer, shot counter, mode adjustment, rate of fire, and more. Rear velocity adjuster.
Summary: This is a decent marker whose problems can be lived with, except for the fact you can't lock out auto mode which may prevent using the Mongoose in tournaments. The maximum practical rate of fire is 13BPS.
When you read a marker's reviews, patterns can be seen. The following points have been compiled from various Diablo marker reviews.
From 50 reviews:
• This Diablo marker has an accurate stock barrel
• The Mongoose doesn't chop balls
• Awesome trigger
• The Mongoose barrel accepts Spyder threads
• This marker has quick disassembly
• Can't lockout the full-auto mode, so you may not be able to play on some fields or tournaments.
• Several report the stock spring is bad, and you should get a spring kit to get your feet/second up.
• Five players report this gun can't fire faster than about 13 bps without breaking balls. The 20BPS manufacturer spec doesn't pan out.
• A couple of players report that battery life is a problem
• A couple of players report the LCD is hard to see in the sun
• Some report the gun is quite, other say it is loud.
• You need an electric hopper to prevent chopping balls in auto mode. Diablo recommends the Diablo TSA or Empire Reloader B.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com