Where many player reviews are digested into one
Kingman Spyder Fenix Paintball Marker Review
The Kingman Spyder Fenix paintball marker is an electronic marker (gun) with semi auto, 3 burst, 6 burst, and full auto modes, tournament lockout, reactive trigger response, CAMD (Color Access Mode Display), 2-piece 12" tournament grade aluminum barrel, anti double feed, expansion chamber with fore grip, tournament velocity adjuster, deluxe drop forward, two finger trigger with illuminated safety, adjustable trigger pull, low pressure chamber, regulator with gauge, bottom line setup, top cocking bolt, external recharge port, adjustable rate of fire, quick release pin, battery indicator, 9.6V rechargeable battery with charger, and spare parts. Operates on CO2 or compressed air. Up to 14 balls per second. Matte finish anodizing.
Summary: This is an excellent gun for paintballing, fast 13BPS, easy field stripping, gas efficient, doesn't chop paintballs, light and durable. Its only weakness is the flimsy bulging grips which can let paint and debris in.
The following points have been compiled from various Spyder Fenix reviews. When you read a marker's reviews, patterns can be seen.
From 107 reviews:
• Quick release pin allows easy field stripping.
• The Spyder Fenix has an adjustable trigger (for distance, not for tension).
• This Kingman marker's stock barrel is kind of accurate.
• The Fenix rarely chops paint (with an electric hopper)
• CAMD makes setting modes quick and easy; semi, 3burst, 6burst, and Auto are clearly displayed. No more holding a button till lights flash or a color comes on. Here is a picture of the CAMD:
• This Kingman gun is well balanced and light weight (4.4 lbs)
• Upgradeable like all Spyders
• CO2 efficient
• The Fenix is fast shooting, 13 BPS
• This Spyder has a regulator for improved accuracy.
• Many players complain that the grips of the Fenix are flimsy. When the battery is in, the grips bulge which leaves a gap where paint and debris can easily get in.
• This Kingman Spyder comes in silver. It stands out in woodsball; camo wrap it.
• You will need a fast loader for this gun or you will chop paintballs. Suggested Viewloader eVLution II or Ricochet Apache.
• Two players suggested: An APM Tiger Shark bolt is awesome! No O rings and no Oil. Only $15.
• One player suggested: If you get CO2, also get anti-siphon or you'll have gun problems on hot days.
• Many suggest this Kingman marker runs better with compressed air if you can afford it, but one player said he got more shots from CO2 than air; 10 vs. 7 hoppers.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com