Where many player reviews are digested into one
Kingman Spyder Xtra Paintball Marker Review
The Kingman Spyder Xtra paintball marker is an intermediate mechanical semi-auto paintball marker (gun) with rear cocking 2nd generation Venturi bolt, field strippable field pin, sight rail with beaver tail, bottom line setup with micro-line hose, anti-double feed, filter system, 12" micro-polished barrel, aluminum 45 grip trigger frame, low pressure chamber, TL velocity adjuster, removable gas-thru foregrip, mini expansion chamber, newly designed cocking grip, special anodizing, drop forward, and a two finger trigger.
This is similar to the electronic version, the Kingman Spyder E-99.
Summary: The Spyder Xtra is accurate, gas efficient, easy strip, durable and reliable. It is not well designed however.
The following points have been compiled from various Spyder Xtra reviews. When you read a marker's reviews, patterns can be seen.
From 50 out of 728 reviews:
• The Xtra is accurate.
• This Kingman Spyder is CO2 efficient.
• The Kingman Xtra has a decent stock barrel.
• The Xtra is easy to strip and clean.
• This Kingman Spyder is upgradeable like all Spyders.
• The Kingman Extra has pretty fast shooting (in spite of the long trigger pull).
• The Xtra is durable and reliable.
• Inexpensive, $100.
• Trigger pull on this Spyder is a bit long, about 1", which slows the rate of fire to 5 or 6, 8 or 10 paintballs per second (depending on the review).
• The gun with hopper and tank is two feet tall and three feet long. It is difficult when running, sliding, crawling, or leaping.
• The Spyder Xtra has a lot of recoil.
• The velocity jumps on the Kingman Xtra; this can be fixed with a spring kit.
• This Kingman Spyder is a little loud; this can be fixed with an aftermarket barrel.
• Some complain that the bolt tears up the gun.
• The Spyder's Blue color is too easy to see; camo wrap it.
• The mini expansion chamber on this marker reduces the amount of liquid CO2 in the gun to some extent, but many think it is laughable. A new expansion chamber is needed to allow cold weather play.
• Some complain that the Xtra chops paintballs, other claim it doesn't.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com