Where many player reviews are digested into one
M3 Black Dragun Compact Paintball Gun
The M3 Black Dragun Compact is a semi-automatic electronic marker, LED electronic trigger frame, rear velocity adjustor with tournament lock, and plastic grip. Requires one 9V battery.
Summary: The Black Dragun Compact is a great entry level electronic marker. It is reliable, shoots fast and accurate, and there were no real problems. The barrel is loud, and the electronics are not waterproof.
When you read a marker's reviews, patterns can be seen. The following points have been compiled from various Black Dragun marker reviews.
From 35 out of 66 reviews:
• The Black Dragun has an accurate stock barrel (though one player thought it was horrible).
• This M3 can shoot 13 BPS; some report 15 BPS (needs a good hopper).
• The Compact accepts Spyder thread barrels.
• The M3 Black Dragun is light and very compact so you can play tight against your bunker.
• This M3 doesn't chop balls.
• The Black Dragun is easy to strip and clean (though one player reported painful cleaning).
• The Compact is durable and reliable.
• The M3 Black Dragun has a rear velocity adjust with tournament lock.
• Most everyone reported the M3 had a sensitive fast trigger. It has a sweet spot that allows full auto. (However, one player thought that there were problems with double firing due to no sensitivity adjustment, and this would cause a ball chop; paint would get everywhere, requiring a total teardown to clean. This players rating of 2 made it suspect). Be careful you don't accidentally shoot your foot.
• The Black Dragun has a vertical feed that allows left-handed shooters to sight down the right side.
• The stock barrel of the Compact is really loud.
• The electronics in the grip, and the trigger button, are not waterproof. The M3 Black Dragun is not an all-weather marker. Get a mechanical grip frame, or have an alternate gun for rainy weather.
• The M3's rear cocking bolt can smack your lense and crack it; put a beaver tail on it.
• The Black Dragun's cheap construction leaves sharp edges that can cut you. Polish them down.
• The Compact has a laughable instruction manual.
• Two players reported this gun kicks, which may cause unintentional re-fire.
• One player reported 4.5 hour battery life; another suggested turning the gun off between games to lengthen battery life. No other battery complaints.
• The trigger on this paint ball gun has a wiggle, but two players fixed it with a spring (get one from a pen and super-glue it in place).
• Cheap paintball gun: $99
• The paintball gun comes with a plastic carrying case.
• One report: the stock bolt of the Compact is really sharp, you have to sand the edges a bit to get it to shoot right.
• The Black Dragun series are exact Spyder clones and can accept most Spyder upgrade parts.
• Several players commented on the M3 Black Dragun's cheap plastic of the grip frame, but admitted that it hasn't yet been a problem.
• May need some upgrade parts such as a volumizer, an expansion chamber, longer barrel (e.g. Dye Boom Stick). Does not come with a bottom line.
• The marker works with CO2, but one player reported a CO2 cloud. It works best with HPA.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com