Where many player reviews are digested into one
Tippmann A-5 Paintball Marker Review
The Tippmann A-5 paintball marker is a semi-automatic mechanical marker with an adjustable fore grip, front cocking lever, removable grip frame, bottom line adaptor, with a Cyclone Feed System that links the feeder sprocket to the air system; the faster you shoot, the faster it feeds. The A5 is easy to clean and maintain with its no-tool field strip feature. Runs on CO2. Rate of fire:15+ balls per second. 8.5" barrel. 20" length and 3.5 lbs. w/ standard barrel and no tank.
Summary: Tippmann is synonymous with toughness, durability, and reliability. The A-5 features fast field strip, no chopping of paintballs, and good for rough all-weather environments. It is a gas guzzler, and the loud inaccurate stock barrel suggests an upgrade.
The following points have been compiled from various A-5 reviews. When you read a marker's reviews, patterns can be seen.
From about 50 out of 689 reviews:
• The A-5 features fast field strip and reassembly in one minute without tools.
• The Tippmann has a fast rate of fire; in practice, 10 BPS. Put on an e-grip and you can get 18+ shots per second.
• The new Cyclone feed system feeds paintballs as fast as you can pull the trigger. It doesn't chop balls (no electric hopper required).
• The A5 is reliable, durable, and tough; solid construction, well engineered.
• This marker is good for rough environments, works well in all weather, doesn't need tweaking or fixing to keep it going, a good choice for woodsball.
• The A-5 is upgradeable to full auto with an electronic E-grip. Or, you can buy the gun with it.
• This gun has an all black finish, no reflection to worry about.
• The Tippmann has good velocity consistency.
• The stock barrel of this gun is not so accurate. The A5 comes with an adaptor to accept all Prolite, 68 Carbine, F-4, and Procarbine barrels. An A-5 Flatline upgrade is available. Suggested barrels: Small Parts All American, Dye Boomstick, and Lapco Bigshot.
• The A5 is a gas guzzler.
• This marker is loud. Suggested 32 Degrees Whisper Barrel.
• The Cyclone feed system about doubles the front target area, making it not such a good choice for speedball, but good for woodsball.
• This gun is made of dense plastic, not metal. There were no reasoned negative comments about this.
• No electronics; electronic guns die when the electronics gets wet. Tippmanns are known for their outstanding durability and reliability.
All the products reviewed on this site are available from one or more of the
Paintball Guns at Amazon.com